Thursday 15 February, 2007

Goodbye Dona Maria

Exactly seven months to the day of having moved into 202, I'm leaving this house. We're moving, and as usual you're invited.

These past few months, I can easily claim as the best days of my life. Not a big one for reliving my childhood (brr), and something of a quiet sort even for a bit of college, my Dona Maria days are probably among those I'll remember for a very very long time.

Things I learnt:

1. Breakfast does not make itself every morning
2. Shockingly, neither do any of the other meals
3. Firing the maid is therapeutic. She's the one causing all the depression in the first place.
4. Clothes get washed. By you.
5. Fans have nails too. And nail clippers
6. Garbage does not have feet
7. Dust
8. Rice cookers are our friends
9. So are eggs
10. Maggi is the devil's child
and
11. There is probably only one person in the world, that I know I can live with. Sabbah.

As a result of Learning #12, I am taking it with me, probably in a box. It is now unchangeably family, and it goes where I go.

My next couple of posts will be dedicated to 202, Dona Maria. All the hundreds of memories, moments, friends, visitors, after-parties and dinners that will forever echo in these parts. In three part harmony.

I'll miss you, but I have to leave you.

6 comments:

just flakin' it said...

Learning # 11, methinks. ATB with the new dona, and make that 1.5 days in hyderabad longer puhleez.

JP said...

Wait what is #12!!! Why so Confucian?

Tartrazina said...

wtf?? you're leaving the neighbourhood! will call before your read this!!!

Anonymous said...

is no. 12 a cat? a squirrel? colourful clothes?

Anoopa Anand said...

JP and Anonymous (leave a goddamn pseudonym at LEAST. Heavens...): Gimme a break! Mistake it was. I meant #11. Ooof.

Amity Pathway: Yeah! Staying the weekend with you guys. :)

Tart: No, beauty! Moving within the neighbourhood. North Road.

longblackveil said...

Mooooaaahahahaa. Boo, bebby, you had them completely at a loss with your number games. Not 12, 11! Haw haw, what a funs.