Saturday 26 April, 2008

The Secund Innings: An Introduction

It's unfortunate that I don't have a Rahul Dravid to write a foreword for me; he would've done such an excellent job.*

Thing is, I've moved. To Secunderabad. It's where it's at, these days. It's the fun side. No, really. Come and see! If you survive the journey from the airport to Secunderabad,you will notice that the reason you've been unable to breathe, is because it's about 39 degrees in the shade. Celsius, man.

I made the relatively minuscule step for mankind in order to concentrate more on my writing. I'll be working with a publishing house, and I'm here hoping that this will be the change of scene that will help me write more and write better. When I learn to breathe again, of course. Or stop sounding like Toni Braxton, whichever happens first.

So there is good news for the 4.5 people who read this blog- I'll be writing regularly! Yay! I'm so happy for you.

I have a pretty little house a little away from West Marredpally, a job to look forward to, two people I know in the city and lots of Minute Maid. Hopefully, I am adequately armed to take on life without all my friends, maternal and paternal influences, the three dogs I miss like a madness, a coffee shop, a tavern, music, radio of a certain colour, a small bespectacled man and another who isn't. Bespectacled.

Yay.
Minute Maid.

* If you haven't already read Steve Waugh's autobiography 'Out Of My Comfort Zone', you should. Look out for a brilliant foreword by Rahul Dravid.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww naaawww!! You left before I could come and say hi at Tavern on ladies' night. Although we've never met, I'll miss you around. But yay! You'll be writing more here :) Wish you luck with the secund innings. May you become a world famous writer! I don't know any other who deserves to.

Bestest wishes!

Firefoxcub said...

wow. did we always have minute maid in india? i love that stuff. they have passion fruit mango mix that is divinity in a (juice) box.

longblackveil said...

Booomsaaaaaaaaaah. Bring it awn! About time you started catering to your public.

PS: Rahul Dravid has forgotten anything about the 'four' word. He got out first ball today. Like a sitting golden duck. Damn and blast, vonly.

ceebee said...

i'm not small :(

Roger Stevens said...

So you've moved. Sounds like life is fun for you right now. Have a great time - and I look forward to some more blogging. By the way - you can now hear some of my music on my blog by clicking on the wizzy thing on the left. Try At the Meeting of the Earth and the Air.

We too have moved since we last spoke - first to London - and now to Brighton on England's South Coast. A view of the sea from our third floor flat window. It's lovely.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the small bespectacled man. Tough ja? Good luck, brave one. That poem, Lost, is quite an act of genius. The opening paragraph is stunning. Like reading ice-cream.

The Ketchup Girl said...

i know of another small bespectacled man, that ones semi bald...we both knew him at some point.u cant be missing him :). And whats the minute maid secret? I know that city is a furnace rt now..but if u keep comparing the weather with namma bengaluru, you'll just die sad. All the verrrrrry best for the 2nd innings....i look forward to enjaay like yennything, yevry day.

Tartrazina said...

misses and xxx Boomsa! good to see you back here! huggers!

Priyapravas said...

do you really what RD to write you foreword - what with the bangalore boys' not so impressive start with IPl (THOO!).

anywho, enjoy the biryani da! the weather will come and go but that taste will be there forever!

PS: get some to bangalore too, when you come visit ;-)

Bikerdude said...

I know small bespectacled man who sold kadlekai in kunigal station. So what I must do? Ay thu whats this I say I miss you horrendously. What Kukatpalli maredpalli and all youre saying and sitting. Come back, like 10 minutes ago!!! Minute maid itseems.

Ok write, write ma, you write. OK? OK.

Smith said...

aye....you be having a good time anyways....bangalore will be weird without you....

Anoopa Anand said...

Puddy tat: You are immensely kind! I will be back in Bangalore for a weekend every now and then. So come to Tavern and say hi even if it's not ladies' night!

Firefoxcub: We have only pulpy orange. It rocks! How're you doing, bebby?

Longblackveil: Yes, it is very disturbbing. His t20 game is apalling. But his writing is superior. I think he missed the first bus on his calling; it's time to get on with it now.
I loves you. e-mail coming your way now.

Ceebee: The wee shall inherit the earth, dude. Sigh. Kissy to you.

Roger: Wow! I will definitely check out the music and let you know what I think!

Your view sounds a tad better than mine. I have the view of a large beehive hanging from a humungous tree right outside my 4th floor balcony. Sometimes, the bees visit.

xxx

Anoopa Anand said...

Reporter girl: Yay, it's you. :) Yes, very tough. I woke up a few mornings back, yearning for some Koshy's and a beer with the bespectacled.

Glad you liked the poem. It came after an alarmingly long period of bad verse.

Ketchup girl: Sexy! Yepdi?! No, this is not that small bespectacled man; it's my dearest frundship. How you be? Keep reading, love. There's plenty of bitching to be done in the Secund Innings!

Tartrazina: Love you, moo-moo. You take care and err, yes. TAKE. CARE. Wink.

PP: RD is a good writer, da. Can't say too much of his game right now.

Bikerdude: Ai mad! What ra. Just because you're in Bangalore don't show off, men. Come and visit instead!

Smith: :( I will be weird without Bangalore. xxx

AvinashBlithe said...

Welcome to Hyderabad, 39 C is whats called a cool getaway temperature. But you will get used to it. The mangoes of the season, the malls and the mayhem will keep you hooked to this wonderful city. Have a good time!