Thursday 3 January, 2008

Bombay Stories

I spent last week in my favourite city, mostly on account of Meera's wedding. The Potato and I made it for the mehendi, which involved mehendi, wine, custom-made bangles, Meera, Sufiya and, of course, plenty of food.

The reception was lovely, what with the immensely entertaining salad bar, where various vegetables and fruits went into the making of ducks, faces, rural scenery and, more mysteriously, a dinosaur created entirely out of karela. I am certain Mr. Pink took fabulous pictures of these creations, but I was too busy figuring out how to remove the lens on my camera. So till I bribe Mr. Pink to allow me to use his pictures, here are the few that I miraculously managed to take. Other noteworthy features include The Bride's Hair, The Constant Photographer and Mr. Pink's Range of Expressions.


A thousand splendid Kanjeevarams. At a North Indian wedding.


Beautiful bride


Suf and Potato checking someone out


This was the official photographer at the wedding, who clearly had a personal agenda against me. The Mirchi Wedding Album will have simply thousands of photos of me shovelling food into my mouth, thanks to this man.


Potato and Pink- my sister and its husbandicoot


Pink's intense look


Pink's mean look. Spot the difference.


The Mirchies


Every hairdresser has her day. Meera poses to show the intricate work of art that is her hair.


I think this is the exact moment when I discovered there was more food on the other side.


A monument of charm and sophistication.