Tuesday 3 July, 2007

Picture postcards

I've been gone so long. I feel like I owe you an explanation. But I'm also (mostly) the only person who reads this blog, so I suppose I could take myself out for coffee and do some explaining. Anyway, here's a bunch of unconnected things. I hope your little hearts fill with large dollops of joy.

I permed my hair

Ever since, I've been called Tiger Prabhakaran, Macy Gray, Diana Ross and Jimi Hendrix. I can't say that I mind.

I will eventually have Buns Of Steel

I've started taking lessons in Kalarippayattu. Maybe someday I will truly be walking on air.


I've been revisiting Mr Dahl!

Esio Trot. A mildly creepy story of a man and his mid-life crisis. Actually, no. It's supposed to be a love story. But I really wish Mr. Hoppy hadn't cheated Mrs. Silver into falling in love.


James and the Giant Peach. Yay!


The Twits. Good overcomes evil! At least in the case of the Muggle-Wumps and the Roly Poly Bird. I wish real life could imitate art.

I'm about to read

Maximum City- Suketu Mehta
Long overdue, but it always helps to have a colleague who will buy a book you've been skeptical about, and lend it to you. Thanks, Apoo.


Rant- Chuck Palahniuk
I've read almost everything else this man has written. Except for Fight Club. I'm saving it for after he stops writing. Meanwhile, Rant seems every bit as eerie, bizarre, exciting and altogether nauseating. Whee.


I have grown accustomed to


Amul Masti. Spiced buttermilk. When you are in advertising, unabashed promotion- among many many other things- stops bothering you.

I miss

My friend. Come back, ra.

6 comments:

Tartrazina said...

seeing that i'm a regular passer by, you owe me many bottles of wineses my lovely :-)
and thats a sooper photo of your new look!! :-) i like it even more now!!

Anonymous said...

You left out Afro Sheela. And yes, friend, come back ra.

The Ketchup Girl said...

u're welcome dahlin! And that pictire rocks!

Anonymous said...

anoo(Perm)ah??? very bad one i know...love muchly

Shro

wendigo said...

yay you're back! take me take me take me for coffee!

groupie-ly yours.

p.s.: cool afro

Smith said...

nice hair effect...!!