Saturday 9 June, 2007

The cynic and the happy fool (Revisited)

Remind me never to take up these freelance projects when I have no idea of the professional capabilities of people. I feel like such a fool. I don't need the money, I don't need to work extra hours, and I sure as hell don't need to shell out large sums of money because of somebody else's incapabilities. I swear to God, financial hassles is the last thing I need right now.

I was really hoping to do a good job with this, you know. Really. But I need to stop thinking about it. It's one small failure, and I need to realise that it's not entirely my fault. Or- if I have to be brutally honest- not at all my fault. Remind me also, never to work with friends again.

I'm going to stop thinking about this. I've been worrying myself sick. Literally.

Happily, I have very promising exciting projects in the offing. If I can get rid of the throat infection without further delay, I have a show that will be worth it. And then, there is the potentially life-changing, perspective-shifting thing that, at this point, can only mean greener pastures and newer cud.

Greener pastures. Research. Writing. Travelling. And training in the oldest martial art form in the world.
And in about four days, my favourite Dinosaur will have her second baby.

Under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed.

- William Ernest Henley

No comments: