Saturday 9 June, 2007

"Are redheaded women red all over?"*

The title, you will soon realise, has nothing to do with this post. It has to do with this post written by this woman, who I've been reading on the recommendation of a friend.

When I chopped off my hair a few months ago, I got sympathetic glaces from everyone I know. And now I know why. Assholes. Turns out, cutting off your hair to spite your face is in the self-help book for dumped women. Ugh. I will always always grow my hair now. Always. And if I do cut my hair (a probability that my hairdresser is acutely aware of), I will make sure there isn't a recent ex skulking around, grinning at his achievement in the scalp follicle area. (Even if such a situation presents itself, I won't have much to worry about, will I? Considering things will come full circle soon enough, seeing how many men are leaning into rearview mirrors of parked bikes, combing all of their hair from one side to cover all of the baldness on the other, even as we speak.)

I made a cliché out of myself. (Besides 'an ass' and 'a bumbling fool' , which also are things I have made out of myself. I am truly artistic and experimental, when it comes to projecting aspects of my own personality.)

I feel so prescriptionized.
Repunzel! Repunzel! Let down your hair!

*The Inscrutable Americans- Anurag Mathur

4 comments:

Smith said...

in north india...they call it 'hairs'...since you know....there's like...more than one of them...so you 'cut your hairs'...yes

Firefoxcub said...

wise decision.
Every time i shaved my head, i'd be blissfully happy. everyone else would be horrified.
And now it's so freaking long and awesome. Long hair's a lot more fun than short.
btw, i leave icky america tomorrow to go to dubai and then soon i'll be in bangalore... yay!

Anonymous said...

*guffaw*

Anoopa Anand said...

Smith: Yes, I've heard these things said. It's one of about two million things I don't understand about the Nutthern Indians. Not that I'm asking for explanations. As long as they promise to ONE DAY leave my city in peace, quiet and preferably with more beer for us sinning Tam Brahms.

Firefoxcub: Yaaaaaayy! Come soon, I saaayy!

Puddy tat: Laugh, laugh. If I put up with this wig phase, I WILL have long beautiful hair.
Unless...that's not what you're laughing at.