Friday 23 March, 2007

Too much water has flowed under this bridge

My clichés
ring in my ears,
Mocking everything I ever
did or said or sang,
which now seem so pretentiously
off the bruised and beaten path.

My bruised and beaten path
curls up and dies
in a corner of my living room
where the cats will
poke and scratch and re-open
a thousand gangrened histories.

A thousand gangrened histories
fill their lungs with air
and look over the edge
of this bridge
as they cry,
“Too much water has flowed under this bridge”.

Too much water has flowed under this bridge
and your soul washes farther away
relieved to part
from my well-worn shoes
along with all my
clichés and their thousand histories.

3 comments:

Firefoxcub said...

Hi. u are now newly linked on newly site. I may be back into bloging. figure i need to write someplace to rem the shit i do and dont do. and my comp already has so many docs on it i need a server to help me

JP said...

I like this. It means something real and it is clever in the way it is put together. The gingers are a good influence?

Weirdly, my verification word is 'kissgrt'. Sometimes the machine elves snicker at all of us.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. I liked it. :)