Saturday 21 August, 2010

Godawful Poetry Fortnight

Hello nears and dears!
Yes, I'm aliiiive. And it's Godawful Poetry Fortnight, which is right up my alley.
Here. Read about it. And 'attend the event' as they say on Facebook:


Here's my Godawful Poem #1

Poem #1

Some art is laboured like
learning to ride a bike,
some art is unforgivingly fun
like squeezing a bullet out of a gun.

I know how to ride a bicycle-
it's something you'll never forget;
but the gun-toting abominable
I'll never ever get.

Some art is weird, for example
a portrait of a stool sample.
But my heart in rooted in the thrill
of writing poetry made of swill.

2 comments:

bhavini said...

Hello Anoopa!

I came by your blog via GPF. And I think you're doing a much better job than me, because this one is truly horrible! :D This line in particular made me wince:

Some art is weird, for example
a portrait of a stool sample.


Good work!

Anoopa Anand said...

;) Thanks, Bhavini. Do keeo coming back; I promise things will get worse.